Links & Downloads
View digitally to follow hyperlinks or print one!
Select "fit to printable area" and "flip on short edge" for best results.
|Career Poster - Entrepreneur
|Career Poster- Crop Manager
|Career Poster- Food Scientist
|Career Poster- Marketing Manager
|Career Poster - Truck Driver
|Career Poster - Livestock Veterinarian
- National Agriculture in the Classroom
- Farm to School: Growing Minds - Great lesson plans make any new classroom project a cinch! These Farm to School activities are easily incorporated into state and national curriculum.
- From the Ground Up: The Science of Soil - Make science relevant for your students with a topic that affects them every day – soil. Discovery Education and Nutrients for Life Foundation have loads of interactive lesson plans available to help students learn about the science of soil. Plus, any resources ordered are free of charge.
- Addressing Misconceptions in Agriculture - Take a look at some of the common misconceptions about agriculture and discover the truth and facts!
- Market to Market - Iowa Public Television connecting students and educators with stories about the business, technology, and science of agriculture. Gain a deeper understanding of the people, issues and events that shape agriculture today!
- Soils for Teachers - Soil plays a vital role in sustaining human welfare and assuring future agricultural productivity and environmental stability. Check out these K-12 lessons to help students learn all about soils.
- Journey 2050 - How will we sustainably feed over 9 billion people by the year 2050? Find out with this virtual simulation.
- Integrated Pest Management - Find a compilation of K-12 lessons linking entomology and IPM to math, science, social studies, and language arts.
- All About Corn - A great series of interactive online modules with nearly five hours of programming on everything about corn, targeted to high school and undergraduate students.
- Iowa Pathways - Iowa Pathways is a learning environment that challenges students to create their own story of Iowa history and agriculture as they explore the people, places, events and ideas. Students choose topics that interest them as they examine relationships among Iowa concepts.
- Explore More - Explore More is a resource for students to unravel issues and make informed decisions about water quality, genetic energy, environmental sustainability, and future sources of energy. Video, interactive simulations, background essays, webquests and lesson plans help teachers connect local concepts to the classroom.
- Trouble at Grainly Farms - Can your students identify and solve the problem at Grainly Farms? This interactive case study for grades 7-12 incorporates scientific concepts such as natural selection, adaptation, inheritance of traits, integrated pest management and nematodes. Students apply their understanding of scientific concepts and suggest a plan to deal with the trouble at Grainly Farms.
- Beef...It’s What’s for Dinner - The Iowa Beef Industry Council is pleased to offer highly qualified peer-reviewed educational materials to Iowa teachers.
- Plant Pathways to Science - Keeping plants healthy is important whether you are a large scale food producer or a home gardener. Use these lessons to teach students all about plant diseases and how to treat them.
- Learning Fields - Living History Farms provides a digital way to learn how agriculture has changed over the past 300 years in Iowa. Explore crops, livestock, power, and people in agriculture.
- Camp Silos - Online educational resource for grades 4-8 with information related to early agricultural technology, pioneer farm life, and the story of corn.
- Corn Use Education - Corn takes many forms and gets used in many ways! These basic facts and information for consumers about corn production, processing and uses are great references. Be sure to check out the fun kid’s pages too!
- Everything but the Oink: - It is really important to provide your students with a nutritious and delicious education. To help you teach kids how well pork fits into a balanced and healthy diet, check out these ideas and activities you can use in your classroom, guaranteed to keep them hungry for more!
- Norman Borlaug Heritage Foundation - Help your students celebrate a famous and influential Iowan – Norman Borlaug – who is helped usher in the Green Revolution and save a million lives. Lesson plans, children’s books, and more.
- C6 BioFarm - Biofuels will provide 27% of the world’s transportation fuels by 2050. Learn the difference between new carbon and old carbon with this app based game!
- Science of Agriculture -Short animations, interactives and videos teach math & science concepts crucial to the study of agriculture.
- Blue Not Flu - Animal diseases can be spread between people and animals. These zoonotic diseases can occur when people have close contact with animals. Understand disease risks and learn about preventive measures to reduce the occurrence of zoonotic diseases with these online lessons targeted to middle and high school students.
- PEER Ag Science from Texas A&M - Videos and lessons to dive deeper into many agricultural science topics.
- Beef Quality Assurance – Learn more about beef quality and get certified through free online courses.
- Growing a Nation – An interactive timeline of the history of agriculture in the United States.