Employment Opportunity - Education Program Manager
Work with teachers grades PK-12, students, Agriculture in the Classroom, and agricultural trade and commodity organizations to help ensure there is current and relevant information about agriculture, available and utilized by target audiences. Represent the IALF at conferences of teachers and school board members to demonstrate the organizations commitment to strengthening the agricultural literacy of Iowans. Help plan IALF attendance at events and conferences of teachers and students to demonstrate the organizations commitment to strengthening the agricultural literacy of Iowans. Assist in resource materials development and procurement to supplement county agriculture literacy efforts and teacher requests. The candidate should have strong verbal and written communications skills and will need to be adaptable to handle a variety of activities with IALF staff and volunteer involvement.
West Des Moines, Iowa
Submit resume and cover letter to Will Fett (email@example.com).
- Develop agricultural lesson plans and materials to be used in Iowa classrooms and in-service trainings.
- Help organize agricultural literacy education conferences, events and programs in cooperation with stakeholders of IALF.
- Help organize and lead statewide teacher workshops to inform them of the resources available.
- Promote IALF and its mission and goals via social media, press releases, e-newsletters, and blog posts.
- Utilize technology and social media to reach a variety of audiences to promote and support agricultural literacy education programs and initiatives.
- Maintain and build lending library of education materials which can be accessed by educators.
- Assist volunteers in classroom programming and presentations.
- Prepare reports for the IALF Executive Director and board of directors regarding programming success and goals accomplished.
- Coordinate meetings of the Education Advisory Council and implement priorities as established.
- Organize educational supplies and keep inventory.
- Prepare supplies for educational workshops.
- Initiate networking opportunities for furthering agricultural literacy education.
- Assist with the management and processes of grant programs.
- Assist with stewardship of sponsors and donors of the foundation.
Self-directed, self-starter attitude, comfort with solving problems independently will be highly valued.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Agriculture, or other related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- Background in agriculture or education, 5+ years preferred.
- Experience in planning educational activities, 5+ years preferred.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, professionalism, and a passion for agriculture are a must.
- Proficiency in writing program materials on a variety of presentation platforms.
- Proven presentation, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Some in-state travel required, including possible overnights. National conference is out-of-state.
What we offer:
- Modern and spacious work environment located in West Des Moines, Iowa
- Organizational culture emphasizing teamwork, flexibility, ideas and respect
- Professional growth and development opportunities to help advance your career
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Comprehensive health care, dental, life and disability insurance (including family options)
- Wellness facilities
- 401(k) savings plan featuring generous company match
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation
- Competitive salary