Executive Director – Iowa Agriculture Literacy Foundation
Are you a leader who has a passion for agriculture? Do you have proven success in influencing and engaging others to initiate action and drive results? If you are a professional who can foster relationships, a leader who recognizes the critical role of farming/agriculture for all of us, and who is driven to assure that knowledge and awareness of agriculture is a priority for the future, this opportunity may be for you.
The Iowa Agriculture Literacy Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate Iowans with a focus on youth regarding the breadth and global significance of agriculture. IALF serves as a central resource for educators and volunteers who want to teach Iowa’s students about agriculture. Learn more about us at: https://www.iowaagliteracy.org/
We are seeking an Executive Director who will manage the overall operations of the Iowa Agriculture Literacy Foundation (IALF). In this role, you will oversee the day-to-day activities and manage all educational, marketing and outreach initiatives. You will be responsible for the financial stability of the organization, lead and direct the development of organizational culture and strategy and build relationships with farm and commodity organizations, ag industry and education leaders to increase knowledge and awareness of the importance of Iowa’s agriculture industry. Reporting to the IALF Board of Directors, you will provide support for the board to function ethically and assure a strong presence at the local, state, and national level, including National Agriculture in the Classroom (NAITC) program. This role requires some state and regional travel, potentially involving some weekends.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide direction, execution and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan and ensure adherence through quarterly review.
- Enhance IALF’s image by being active and visible in the community and working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations, including serving as the state contact for the National Agriculture in the Classroom (NAITC).
- Lead all fundraising efforts, including establishing a robust program to secure necessary funds to fulfill IALF’s mission (i.e., grants, proposals, etc.).
- Lead the development of all programming, marketing strategies and social media efforts to promote and enhance IALF’s mission.
- Develop and oversee training programs, professional development and curriculum for teachers, Ag in the Classroom Coordinators (AITC) and volunteers. Serve as a conduit for established partners and be recognized as the primary resource and ‘go-to’ for support of AITC and teachers across the state of Iowa.
- Hire and retain diverse and highly qualified staff and volunteers; includes providing ongoing coaching/mentoring and personal development of staff.
- Process employee payroll through third-party administrator and oversee employee benefits on a monthly and annual-renewal basis.
- Master’s degree preferred with an emphasis in teaching, business, management, agriculture, fundraising or related field, and a minimum of 5 years of professional management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve clearly defined objectives. Solid management skills and organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task/project facilitation.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the community, and proven success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community, including a history of successfully generating new revenue streams with conclusive financial results.
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills and ability to express ideas verbally and in writing, and proven experience in networking with community leaders, government officials, and other liaisons that propel the mission of IALF.
- CFRE and/or CAE designation is desired.
Compensation range is $75K-90K annually (depending on experience). This is more than a career; it’s an opportunity to live out a purpose. Understanding and prioritizing agriculture is essential for all of us, and in this role, you assure that message is carried into the future.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and references to Lindsay Calvert, IALF President, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline to apply is Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
For the full job description, please click here.